State Law Labor Websites
Please click on any of the links below to access a labor department website.
AHI has also created a number of publications with state-specific sections to aid you in solving your state legal HR problems.
Among them are:
- Complete Compliance Guide To Federal & State Employment Law, with a CD that has rules and regulations in all 50 states (and the District of Columbia) for such topics as drug testing, family/medical leave, vacations, breaks, and more.
- Labor Law Posters, which give you all of the posters you need to stay in legal compliance with both state and federal regulations.
- Free Report: When State Laws Collide With The Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA) summarizes each state's family and medical leave provisions. You get an overview of employer and employee eligibility, amount of leave entitlement, reasons for leave, and reinstatement rights.
- Free Report: State Laws On Final Pay: What And When To Pay Terminating Employees provides you with a state-by-state summary of vacation pay upon termination laws, plus a chart summarizing each state's final pay laws.
- Free Report: State Personnel File Access Laws provides you with a state-by-state summary of the statutes under which employees are allowed to inspect their personnel files.
- Free Report: Clearing The Air On Workplace Smoking Laws summarizes each state's workplace smoking provisions.
- Free Report: Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Discrimination In The Workplace provides you with a state-by-state look at workplace applicable sexual orientation and gender identity statutes.